Friday 23 June 2017

Keratoconus research update




I recently received amazing news that the research myself and Barbican Insurance helped to support has been accepted as a presentation at the American of Ophthalmology. It has proven to be an exceptional piece of work that will open many new avenues for study and potentially for treatments.

Moorefield’s are also finalising their collection of over 3000 samples from individuals with keratoconus for submission as the largest genetic study ever published in keratoconus. This is a once in a generation opportunity, with collaboration between a number of international centres.

This has proven how important the Keratoconus Fundraising is that I’m supporting. The more we continue to raise awareness, the more samples can be added to this study, which will increase the power of the study!

The fundraising will continue and I’ll never give up, the more support I can get behind me the better!

No comments:

Post a Comment